Refrigeration Basics REF 202
Monday through Thursday evenings - 12 hours
Prerequisites: 1 year ACR experience or completion of ACHP 105.
Course Objectives: This course is designed to supplement a student's current knowledge of air conditioning and heat pumps so that he/she has a thorough understanding of commercial refrigeration systems, components and operations.
- The student will be able to understand accessories that are needed for medium temperature and low temperature systems.
- The student will be familiar with 15 common wiring methods for walk-in coolers and freezers.
- The student will be familiar with manual defrost, DP, pump down, hot gas and electric defrost controls and timer settings.
- The student will be familiar with head pressure control, water regulating valves and cooling towers as found in the industry.
- The student will design a walk-in cooler with correctly sized components.
Class Days: Monday through Thursday evenings, 6:30 - 9:30 PM. Total training time: 12 hours
Certification of Completion: Upon completing the course and demonstrating proficiency in understanding walk in coolers and freezer / controls / accessories and design, a certificate of completion will be awarded.
Update - 1.25.17
Click Here for Training Dates